Google analytics

Friday 10 August 2018

Miss my Volvo

Liz and I run a Volvo C30 T5 R-design - out of all of the vehicles that I have owned in my long and fruitful life (and there have been many) this is undoubtedly the best. It is the most comfortable ride I have ever experienced, fast, the acceleration when she slips into turbo mode is nothing short of fantastic, reminding me of the days I spent going down the catapult on an aircraft carrier. Right now she is in the shop where they are trying to sort out a recurring airbag warning problem, and have given us a loan car until we get the Volvo back.


The loan car is a Dodge Avenger, and a couple of days ago I got to drive it for more than 200 miles - I had to take Liz to work in Littleton then drive to USCIS in St Albans near the Canadian border to have biometrics taken for my citizenship interview. I was at the wheel for about 2 hours each way along some of the finest scenery in this corner of the United States. But what a painful drive! after about 30 minutes of the drive in each direction the seat was so uncomfortable - the pressure on my Coccyx made me need to shift my butt while driving. I will be very happy when we get the Volvo back.

No comments:

Post a Comment