Google analytics

Wednesday 12 October 2022

The Bionic Man

 It has been over a year since my previous post, a year in which plenty has happened, least of all a close call with the big D. I had thought that all was normal before that close call. The first signs were my losing my balance in the house and being unable to get to my feet by myself. To cut a long story short, I was whisked to casualty at the local hospital and after receiving six units of blood and was ferried to Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital by helicopter and released two weeks later. Apparently, I was the victim of a bleeding duodenal ulcer. It was only a few weeks later that I was informed by one of the casualty surgeons that they had "almost lost me".

The year has been useful to me in other ways in that I have been able to take advantage of a generous discount being offered to me by the same hospital. I am sporting a replacement knee in my left leg, have had cataracts removed and new lenses in both eyes, and had corrective surgery for a bilateral hernia. Today I received the first of two Lumbar Medial Block procedures, following which, if all goes well, will be a longer procedure for a Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation. 

I make no secret of the fact that I am delighted that we no longer have A/H Trump as president. He is still trying to say that he won the last election despite being turned down by the courts countless times. This next paragraph is dedicated to those numerous white evangelists and supremacists who still believe in the Antichrist. In John le CarrĂ©'s latest novel he writes Trump is Antichrist, Putin another. For Trump, the draft-dodging rich kid brought up in a great if flawed democracy, there is no redemption in this world or the next. ...... He's Putin's shithouse cleaner. He does everything for little Vladi that little Vladi can't do for himself; pisses on European unity, pisses on human rights, pisses on NATO, Assures us that Crimea and Ukraine belong to the Holy Russian Empire, the Middle East belongs to the Jews and the Saudis ......

Of course, it is up to you, my reader,  as to whether you agree with Mr le CarrĂ©. I will remain the uncommitted reporter.






No comments:

Post a Comment